Let’s face it. Most all of us struggle to keep prayer a priority. Here are thirteen reasons that can keep you motivated.
Get your free 5-lesson Seeking God course!
You’ve shown such a great commitment to seeing our nation transformed with the Gospel! We know how hard it can be to carve out time to sit in God’s presence when we are daily bombarded by distraction. That’s why we created this free 5-lesson course to help fuel your prayer life. Is this something you would like?Get my free course
- God wants us to seek after Him in prayer. Luke 11:5-13; Psalm 105:4; Hebrews 11:6
- My relationship with God deepens through prayer. Psalm 34:1-8; John 5:19; Jude 1:20-21
- I obtain more Spiritual power, wisdom, faith, perspective, etc. when I pray. Luke 11:13; Mark 9:29; Acts 4:31; Matthew 26:41; James 1:5
- I engage in the historic, epic battle in the heavenly places when I pray, which changes history on Earth. Daniel 10:12-14; Ephesians 6:12, 18
- Prayer is an important part of our mission. I am partnering with God in His work on Earth when I pray. Prayer is the one of the primary means by which God accomplishes His ends. Acts 6:4; John 14:13-14; 1 John 5:14-15; Revelation 5:8; 8:3-4; Psalm 2:8; James 4:2
- A special presence and power of God is present when we pray with others. Matthew 18:20
- In both OT and NT and in Church history, God’s powerful, faithful believers prayed much more than American Christians typically do – 2-3 times per day and sometimes for several hours at a time or all night long. Exodus 33:11; Psalm 27:4; Daniel 6:10; Luke 612; 18:7; 1 Timothy 5:5; Acts 2:42, 46; 10:9, 30
- Use the full array of prayer: worship (Psalm 100), intercession (standing for someone or something else; Isaiah 59:16), petition (Philippians 4:6), repentance (Nehemiah 14:11; Daniel 9:4-19).
- Prayer sometimes requires persistence and impudence. Luke 11:8-9; Luke 18:1-8; Exodus 32:7-14; Hebrews 5:7
- Prayer is a barometer of my faith. If I’ve lost prayer, I’ve lost faith. Luke 18:8; Hebrews 11:6.
- God’s grace doesn’t relieve us from the responsibility to pray; it empowers us to pray and provides us even greater access to God and more of His grace. Hebrews 4:14-16; Romans 5:2; 8:15
- Some grace is only gained when we ask in Jesus’ name. Romans 5:2; James 4:1-10
- Prayer should be in the Spirit, so I shouldn’t engage only my mind but my heart and spirit as well. Romans 8:26-27; Jude 1:20; Ephesians 6:18; 1 Corinthians 14:15
FREE OFFER: Get the "Seeking God Lifestyle" Bible Course Manual. Download this 67-page, 5-lesson course in PDF format.