Since 1984, Christians throughout the US have observed Sanctity of Human Life Sunday on the third Sunday of January. Sanctity of Human Life Sunday and the March for Life in Washington D.C. which occurs on the Friday nearest the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, January 22, 1973, have served as constant reminders for all Christians to pray for the end of abortion. Since 1973, approximately 50 million Americans have been killed in the presumed safety of their mother’s womb. May God have mercy on our nation. You can refer to the following prayer points from Life Matters Worldwide as a guide for your prayers:
- Pray for God’s protection on all unborn babies threatened by abortion.
- Pray for mothers – to recognize and love their unborn children from the moment of conception; to have courage to face any challenges associated with their pregnancies; to turn to God for help; to overcome the temptation of abortion; that they’ll receive the support they need; to consider an adoption plan.
- Pray for fathers – that they’ll commit themselves to raising their children and caring for the mothers.
- Pray for family members and friends of the parents – that they’ll support the choice for life.
- Pray for all who facilitate abortions: clinic workers, doctors and nurses, security guards and escorts – that they’ll admit the error of their ways and seek other employment.
- Pray for all who have participated in abortions to repent and come to know, love, worship, and follow Christ.
- Pray that more pro-life people will join the effort to stop abortions.
- Pray for our elected leaders to put an end to abortion.
- Pray for those who faithfully and sacrificially offer alternatives to abortion – pregnancy care centers, maternity homes, sidewalk counselors, etc.
- Pray for couples to practice purity before marriage.
FREE OFFER: Get the "Seeking God Lifestyle" Bible Course Manual. Download this 67-page, 5-lesson course in PDF format.