Here’s what you need to know:
1. God created you, loves you and has a purpose for your life.
John 3:16 reads, “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Jeremiah 29:11 tells us, “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (NLT)
2. All of us at times have acted unethically or immorally, and our sin has separated us from God.
Romans 3:23 reads, “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.” (NLT)
Isaiah 59:2 tell us, “It's your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore.” (NLT)
3. Jesus Christ is God's only provision for our sin. Through Him our sins can be removed as a barrier, and we can be fully connected to God.
He died for our sins and God raised Him from the dead:
In John 14:6, Jesus says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
2 Corinthians 5:15 says, “He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised." (ESV)
4. We must individually receive Jesus as Savior and Lord; then we can fully live as God always has intended for us to live.
John 1:12 reads, “To all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”
In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus says, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (ESV)
You can respond to God’s Gospel today. Talking to God (also known as “praying”) and telling Him that you believe all of the truths which you just read will change your life. You should especially let Him know that you fully believe in His Son, Jesus. Thank Him for the Good News that you are receiving today.
Sincerely expressing the following sentiments to God is the path to beginning a personal relationship with Him:
Dear God, I believe in You and love You. Thank You for sending Jesus Christ to die on the cross to take away my sins. I repent of my sins and receive You by faith as my Savior and the Lord of my life. I trust Your leadership in every part of my life. Amen.
If you expressed this prayer to God, then He has come into your life and you have become a Christian.
You’re not done! Today is just the beginning. The next step is to learn how to follow Jesus in every part of your life.
Here’s what you should do next:
1. Tell another Christian. Follow up with the friend who sent you to this website. Let him/her know about your decision to receive the Gospel. That friend will be thrilled to celebrate with you! Ask your friend what you should do next as a follower of Jesus.
2. Share the Good News with a friend. If you know of other friends or family members who haven’t received the Gospel, send them a link to this website and encourage them to check it out.
3. Get involved in Christian community. Find a Bible-believing church where you can get involved in prayer, Bible study, and service. You can also participate in other Christian groups in your community as you have interest. Stay connected with this nationwide community at DayandNight.org to help you grow in your relationship with God.
4. Get a modern version of the Bible. You can download a Bible app on your smartphone so that you can take it with you anywhere. Try YouVersion (which has multiple versions of the Bible) or the ESV Bible app. You can also purchase a print Bible anywhere books are sold. Here are some popular modern versions of the Bible in English: ESV, NIV, NLT, and the Message. The ESV and NIV are more traditional in their style, while the NLT and Message are more modern.
5. Read the Bible and talk to God everyday. You’ve just started your relationship with God. You will deepen that relationship everyday as you talk with Him and learn from Him in the Bible.
Congratulations! You’ve made the best decision in your life by believing God’s Gospel! We bless you to grow in God’s grace your whole life long.