Our God is the King of the nations (Revelation 15:3). The prophet Jeremiah reveals that the Lord has plans for people groups, not just for individuals. When a nation turns from evil and listens to the Lord, He will direct His mercy and grace to that land and to its people.
If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it.
And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. (Jeremiah 18:7-10)
Even under the Old Covenant, God had plans for nations other than Israel. The King of the nations has special purposes for each and every nation - including the United States - that exists throughout history.
The people of God must stand in the place of intercession for its nation (Ezekiel 22:29-30). We must act with faithfulness and continuously plead our case that God will bring repentance and faith to the nation before it is too late.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
The disciples of Jesus are the salt of earth and the light of the world (Matthew 5:13-16). If we lose our saltiness or hide our light, what hope will be left for the lost people of our nation? Our relentless cry must join with the psalmist:
Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? (Psalm 85:6)
Prayer and repentance are two of the chief means by which God accomplishes His purposes. The Father will hear and respond to the cries of His children.
Pray these prayers for revival of God’s people. Pray with zealous passion and determination to have what you seek, according to the word of God (Luke 18:1-8).
- I exalt you, King of the nations, who righteously reigns over the earth in perfect wisdom and strength.
- I praise You, Father, for the United States of America and for all of its blessings.
- I thank You, God, for the Church You have raised up in America from generations past through today.
- Now, Lord, let the fire of the Holy Spirit be fanned into flame in Your Body, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every local church building in America become a house of prayer, as you commanded in Your word, in Jesus’ name.
- Let Your consuming fire burn all the dross that has attached itself to Your Church, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, purify Your people in holiness and remove unfaithfulness from the bride of Christ, in Jesus’ name.
- Let every evil spirit deceiving Your people into disobedience die now, in Jesus’ name.
- Let every spirit of complacency fall off of Your Church, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, I consecrate my body, soul and spirit to Your purposes afresh, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, use me as an agent of revival and national transformation, in Jesus’ name.
- Let all fear of men be driven far from Your people, in Jesus’ name.
- Holy Father, take away the love of self, love of money, love of pleasure and the love of sinning from Your people, in Jesus’ name.
- Destroy disunity in Your people, in Jesus’ name.
- Let love for God and allegiance to the name of Jesus Christ be paramount in our hearts and our churches, in Jesus’ name.
- Our Chief Shepherd, give Your sheep self-sacrificial under-shepherds to protect Your flock with uncompromising devotion to prayer and to feed Your flock with the pure milk of Your Word.
- Father, strengthen the leadership of Christian Union to fulfill its calling to help promote national revival.
- Father, strengthen all Your people to use their spiritual gifts and do the work of the ministry, in Jesus’ name.
- Let Your people build up one another in our most holy faith, in Jesus’ name.
- Let zeal for Your name consume us, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the mind of Christ rule our thoughts, in the name of Jesus.
- We plead for the power of the Holy Spirit to fall on us and make us bold witnesses for Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
- Gracious Father, stretch forth Your hand to perform signs and wonders through the name of Your holy servant, Jesus.
- Father, make our homes places of holiness, worship and peace, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, raise up Christian men to lead in our homes, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, inspire Christian women in purity and love, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, let our children know Your ways, love Your name and lead a new generation to the Savior, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let the wisdom of our older generation guide our steps, in Jesus’ name.
- King of the nations, turn the hearts of our leaders at every level to do Your will, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, abolish the sins of abortion, love of money and love of pleasure from our nation, in the name of Jesus.
- In the spirit of blind Bartimaeus, we cry out, “Son of David, have mercy on America!”
- Father, send Your Holy Spirit to bring repentance and faith to the lost, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, raise up the army of Your Church to conquer the powers of darkness at work in America, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let every Christian speak Your Gospel with clarity and courage, in Jesus’ name.
- Let the spirit of unbelief die in America, in Jesus’ name.
- Let every generational sin and every curse be broken off of America, in Jesus’ name.
- Let cycles of sin, poverty and unbelief be reversed to generations of blessing, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let Your name be hallowed in America, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let Your kingdom come and Your will be done in America, in Jesus’ name.
- King of the nations, let this future Christian revival and transformation of America be a sign and a wonder to all the nations of the world and a glory to Your name, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we praise You now for Your love and power to do the impossible.