It's Day 1 of The Great Experiment, June 1-10, 2019! Here is this evening’s guide for the “Five Rs.”
1. Read and Pray
Nehemiah 1:5-6 – And I said, “O LORD God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments,let your ear be attentive and your eyes open, to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day and night for the people of Israel your servants, confessing the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you. Even I and my father’s house have sinned.”
Read Nehemiah 1:4-11 for more context.
This Evening's Prayer Points
- Declare the unstoppable power of God despite all circumstances or schemes against His purposes.
- Confess your sins, the sins of His people, the sins of your family ,and the sins of our nation.
- Ask Him to forgive our sins and shine His grace on us twice as much as we sinned against Him.
What sins do I need to repent of today? What hindrances to my devotion to Christ can I remove today?
3. Respond to the Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit, what is the one thing you most want me to do today? (Write it down, and do it today).
4. Represent Christ.
How will I bear witness to Christ today? With whom shall I share the Gospel today?
5. Raise Your Faith.
Be bold and courageous in living out your faith (Joshua 1:8,9). Choose from one of the following options for a “Joshua Faith Challenge”:
- Host an all-night prayer meeting. Set a date during June 1-10 and invite friends to come and pray with you for revival in America.
- Every day, pray for ten friends and family members to come to faith in Christ and look for opportunities to share the gospel with them.
- Share an evangelistic post on social media every day from June 1-10.
- Anything else the Lord burdens you to take on that will require courageous faith.