What is The Great Experiment?
The Great Experiment is a commitment for the month of October 2018 to seek God in extraordinary ways to see what wonderful things He will do.
The Great Experiment Commitment
We are trusting God to make His glory known in our lives, communities and nation. We are committing together to the seek the Lord for His divine purposes. In addition to praying fervently, we commit to the following with like-minded friends in Christ for the 31 days of October. Each participant, whether part of a small group or participating as an individual, commits to the 5 "Rs":
- Read & Pray. Spend 30 minutes every morning reading the Bible and praying, and also spend time in the evening doing the same (Luke 18:1-8).
- Repent. Consciously repent every day of all known sin and put away everything that may hinder our devotion to Christ (Hebrews 12:1,2).
- Respond to the Holy Spirit. Seek God in the morning for the thing the Holy Spirit most desires for you to do that day, write it down and follow up that day. (Psalm 143:10).
- Raise Your Faith. Seek God at the beginning of the month for the Joshua Faith Challenge He has for you. This is an opportunity to do something bold and unusual that will stretch your faith. Ideas for your Joshua Faith Challenge.
- Represent Christ. Look to share Christ every day and speak about Christ publicly (Acts 1:8).
Why The Great Experiment?
The Great Experiment is the boost you need in your walk with Christ. It will re-energize your faith and give you fresh purpose in God. You will see how you can partner with the Holy Spirit to transform your surroundings. We are seeking God for sweeping spiritual transformation in America. How else will transformation come unless we, the people of God, rise up to become the Christian revival that is needed?
We are eager, and so is God, for another history-making move of God’s Spirit. What will He do in our time, if we seek Him with all our hearts? Will you answer the call and join The Great Experiment?
Christian renewal has come in the past as Christians have challenged the spiritual status quo and attended to the basics of being followers of Jesus.
In 1904, the small country of Wales experienced a national revival and impacted several other nations as they focused daily on four simple truths.
- Confess all known sin, receiving forgiveness through Jesus Christ
- Remove anything in your life that you are in doubt or feel unsure about
- Be ready to obey the Holy Spirit instantly
- Publicly confess the Lord Jesus Christ
This six-minute video tells the amazing story of the Welsh Revival.
In 1970, a similar effort was carried out by a few devoted students at Asbury University who changed the entire campus and significantly impacted the nation. A one-hour chapel service lasted 8 days without ceasing! Churches from around the United States invited Asbury students to tell their congregations what happened. Almost everywhere the students went, a great move of the Spirit accompanied them.
This six-minute video relates the amazing events of the Asbury Revival.
How does The Great Experiment work?
The Great Experiment is best carried out in small groups of 3-10 people, although individuals may sign up without a group. Christian Union Day and Night will support small group leaders to fulfill the Great Experiment.
Whether part of a small group or not, each participant commits to fulfill the commitments of the Great Experiment on a daily basis. Those in groups meet once per week to remain accountable and share testimonies of God’s work.
Day and Night will also host video prayer calls throughout the month to pray, encourage, and share testimonies from groups and individuals from around the country.